Garden Diary: March 10, 2017


Triple Yellow Datura
Finally got in the mood and planted some seeds yesterday  and today, but only a few of each. Got some of the seeds from eBay, so hoping they are good. I think I chose good sellers, though. Had conversations with them before I ordered.

Triple Yellow Datura
Double Purple Datura
Hibiscus acetosella (cranberry hibiscus)
Hibiscus sabdariffa (Florida cranberry, Jamaica sorrel - pretty red edible calyxes)

Got some pepper seeds last year from a Gardenweb friend, so planted a few of those.

Fish Pepper
Credit: Smithsonian Website

Fish Pepper - ornamental cayenne. I really hope this one comes up, because it's so beautiful.
Giant Szegedi - pale yellow large sweet pepper
Bell Grande Mix - mixed color sweet peppers
Cubanelle
I also transplanted Amazon Lily and Walking Iris out into the south facing bed, which is going to be the bulb & perennial bed. I'm trying to get everything out there into "groups" to make a bigger impact when they bloom.

I'll probably transplant some of these peppers out into the space my Chinese friend gave me in his garden, which is actually a city community garden he had sort of taken over. I think it's getting to be too much for him, though, and he needs some help.

Well, so much for now. Will be doing a lot in the garden the next few weeks, so stay tuned!

Photo Credits:
Triple Yellow Datura Metel by dupee419 CC BY-SA 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons

If you enjoy this blog, please subscribe for future updates right in your mailbox.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Happy Gardening!

Comments